The Third Eye Chakra is connected to your perception. When this chakra is open, you can experience clairvoyance, clear thinking and focus. You can also experience empathy for others and trust in oneself when this chakra is balanced.
When your Third Eye Chakra is closed or out of balance, you can depend on others and can feel confused and insecure about making decisions. You can also experience frequent daydreams, sleep problems, lack of assertiveness and fatigue as you can see from this – How To Open The Third Eye Chakra article.
A simple meditation for balancing the Third Eye Chakra:
- Sit cross-legged, in a chair with your feet planted on the ground, or lay down.
- Lay your hands on your lap or at your sides with your palms facing up.
- Close your eyes.
- Take a deep breath, hold, count to four, and slowly exhale.
- Using your “inner eyes”, look up and focus on the area in the center of your forehead.
- Visualize the Third Eye Chakra opening as you see a purple or indigo ball of light expanding this chakra. You may feel a tingling sensation.
- See it in expanding and cleansing your Third Eye Chakra.
- After some time, reduce the size of this ball to fit within your third eye area.
- Continue this meditation for as long as you feel necessary.
Crystals used for balancing the Third Eye Chakra:
- Blue Celestite Fluorite
- Lapis Lazuli
- Quartz Crystal
Choose a crystal for the Third Eye Chakra and place it on the center of your forehead. This can help promote intuition and memory. It can also increase perception, understanding and knowledge.
Essential oils used for balancing the Third Eye Chakra:
Lavender, elemi, sandalwood, frankincense, melissa, neroli, rose and jasmine oils are often used for meditation and in rituals.
Clary sage, chamomile, geranium, lemon, rose and tea tree oils can help with eye problems.
Rosemary, peppermint, tea tree, eucalyptus and sandalwood oils can be useful for sinus problems.
Peppermint, eucalyptus, tea tree, jasmine, lavender, chamomile, melissa, marjoram and rosemary oils can be great for headaches and migraines.
Lavender oil is useful for balancing all seven chakras.